FOR WHICH PURPOSES DO WE USE PERSONAL DATA?
We only process your personal data for legitimate business reasons. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
- customer management;
- order and supply management;
- invoicing and accounting;
- the provision of information about our company, products, services and special offers;
- the good organisation of our services;
- dealing with enquiries, requests and complaints;
- dispute management;
- public relations;
- statistics and market research;
- complying with legal obligations.
BASED ON WHICH LEGAL GROUNDS DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We process your personal data for the abovementioned purposes:
- when necessary for the conclusion and execution of contracts to which you are party, including (but not limited to) bookkeeping, invoicing and deliveries;
- when necessary for compliance with our legal obligations;
- for the purpose of the legitimate interests of our company and/or a third party, including (but not limited to) the good organization of our business activities, the management of our safety regulations, customer and supplier management, etc. and after a weighing of interests was made. Should you wish more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If we have the legal obligation to obtain your free, informed, specific and unambiguous consent to process your personal data for certain purposes, we will only process your data for such purposes to the extent that we have obtained such consent from you.
In the context of our security policy, we take a picture of every driver entering our property. When posing for this picture, we assume the driver is providing it to us knowingly and voluntarily.
HOW DO WE OBTAIN PERSONAL DATA?
We may obtain your personal data within the framework of the performance of our activities.
We may obtain such personal data mainly because you give them to us (e.g. by contacting us, by giving us your business card, ...).
Moreover we may obtain your personal data because others give them to us, because they are publicly available or through the way you interact with us.
When we obtain your personal data from other parties, we make reasonable efforts to enter into contractual clauses with these parties obliging them to respect the data protection legislation. This can be done by obliging this party to provide you with all necessary information or - if necessary - to obtain your consent for processing the personal data as described in this privacy statement.
WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The personal data that we collect may include:
- standard identification and contact details (e.g. name, address (private/work), phone number (private/work), email address (private/work);
- personal characteristics (e.g. age, gender, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, language, ...);
- financial specifics (e.g. bank account number, ...);
- your picture when you as a driver enter our property
- employment data (e.g. the organization you work for, your job title, ...);
- the information provided by you through forms (e.g. contact forms) and all possible services and communication channels which we offer;
- data about how you use our products and services;
- data you provide us when showing interest in our products and services;
- data about how you interact with us and other similar information.
HOW LONG ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA RETAINED?
As a general rule, the personal data processed in the context of the use of our services are kept for a period of 10 years from the end of the contractual relationship (including warranty periods and after sales services).
Deleted emails are stored for 2 weeks before being permanently removed from the server.
Depending on the specific situation, we may however retain your personal data for a longer period of time. This will in particular be the case if any of the following periods is longer: (i) as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or service; (ii) any retention period that is required by law; or (iii) the end of the period in which judicial proceedings might.